BUDGET AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY:
The U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Technical Assistance (OTA) is recruiting an individual on a competitive basis to serve as Senior Advisor under a personal services contract for its Budget and Financial Accountability Team.
The Team operates through resident or intermittent engagements assisting counterpart governments in improvements to Public Financial Management and strengthening the effectiveness15 of Ministries of Finance. OTA works with countries to improve all aspects of the budget cycle and projects may focus on one or more of these elements including budget planning and development, budget execution and expenditure management, procurement, financial reporting, treasury systems, and cash management.
The Senior Advisor develops and monitors programs and supports Resident and Intermittent Advisors in project implementation. Significant international travel will be required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct assessments to identify organizations with sufficient political will and interest to start and sustain technical assistance projects.
- Develop proposals, Terms of References, and budgets to support proposed projects.
- Coordinate with U.S. Embassies and funding agencies to initiate projects.
- Identify appropriate staffing for projects and intermittent assignments and assist with recruiting and onboarding Advisors.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Associate Director regarding the skills and expertise of specific resident and intermittent advisor assignments. Consult on instituting corrective action plans in situations where the advisor and/or project performance is inadequate.
- Monitor the implementation of project Work Plans and logical frameworks to track progress toward goals and objectives. Provide policy, technical and managerial advice to Advisors in the field.
- Monitor project spending against allocated budgets.
- Provide routine project monitoring reports as required by OTA.
- Conduct project reviews and prepare end of project reports.
- As needed, provide technical assistance, or assist Advisors in the field by participating in short-term missions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting finance, public administration, or related field is required, with a master’s preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership position in a state or mid-sized local government, to include experience in one or more of the specific areas: budget planning and formulation, budget execution and expenditure control, financial management and reporting, treasury, and cash management.
- Prior international experience working in developing or transitional countries, including as a technical advisor on public financial management issues.
Interested parties please send your resume to email@example.com and please put the title of the job in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org