HR Assistant needed for Government Agency no Government experience necessary
Assists the human resources officer, human resources specialist, and office employees, including other managers on a variety of personnel-related issues.
- Processing of a variety of personnel actions (e.g. payroll documents, awards forms, benefit transactions) using automated payroll processing systems and reviewing for accuracy.
- Review personnel documents for completeness prior to processing.
- Maintaining Electronic Official Personnel Files (eOPF). Scanning, importing, transferring folders, etc. Reviewing suspense reports and taking corrective action as needed. Deleting items and reviewing eOPF for accuracy.
- Assisting with New Employees Orientation. Setting up and scheduling appropriate staff for briefing new employees. Prepping and gathering HR documents for processing. Sending new employee documents for completion and general information about the office.
- Initiating and processing PIV Cards.
- Creating spreadsheets for reporting and tracking information.
- Assist human resources with the clearance and exit process for separating employees.
- Review, analyze, evaluate, and resolve difficult, complex, and sensitive personnel security problems and issues.
- Review pre-employment security documents for employees, and contractors using the Electronic Questionnaire for Investigative Processing System (e-QIP).
- Initiates fingerprints, and background investigations. Determines proper processing requirements based on review and analysis of the security level requested. Reviews completed security packages to ensure proper documentation.
- Provide guidance to federal employees regarding policies for leave, overtime, compensatory time, extended leave requests, etc.
- Coordinate the bi-weekly payroll processes for WebTA, and work closely with district Timekeepers to process payroll in a timely manner.
- Use time and attendance software to create reports, review time and attendance coding, and make corrections/adjustments when necessary.
- Work with the human resources staff to assist in providing guidance and direction in regards to federal employee benefits in health, life insurance, and retirement.
- Inform employees and assist with human resources related events such as benefits open season.
- Assist human resources staff and management with staffing of attorney and support positions (reviewing resumes and application documents, scheduling interviews, communicating with applicants).
- File and retrieve information in accordance with office policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel data and information at all times.
- Provides office automation assistance.
Knowledge of and skill in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint) is required.
Knowledge of and skill in the use of common office hardware, including personal computers, electronic media duplicators, scanners, facsimile machines, photocopiers, multifunction printers, telephones, and similar equipment is required.
Communication skills are extremely important. Works and interacts professionally and effectively with all levels of staff. Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office. Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner. Must exercise discretion and sound judgment in determining what information may be shared and to whom.
At least one (1) full year of experience is preferred performing at least one of the following duties: payroll activities, processing employee actions, processing investigations, or administering employee benefits.
Interested parties please send your resume to email@example.com and please put the title of the job in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org